I use Canon DSLRs systems. I primarily use full frame DSLRs for the improved image quality over small sensor cameras. My favorites include the 50MP Canon 5DSR and 30MP Canon 5D Mark IV.
I have owned and used Nikon system cameras; most recently the Nikon D810 which I purchased so I had a high-resolution DSLR for landscape shooting. When Canon released the 50MP 5DSR, I sold the Nikon system in favor of going back to a full Canon system.
As my current photography projects center around landscape photography, I have foregone personally owning a Canon pro-level camera (like the 1DX cameras). I use a Canon 7DII for times when a fast frame rate and cropped sensor aids me and rent a pro-level camera for my bear and bird photo trips when and if I think it will serve my purpose. I sold my Canon 600mm f/4L IS USM V1 lens in January 2017 in favor of the new Tamron 150-600mm G2 and TC-X1.4 Tele Converter. Readily hand-holdable, I am liking it a lot. If a need arises; like bear photography; I will rent a Canon 500mm f/4 II.
CANON DSLR SYSTEM
- Canon EOS DSLRs:
- 5D Mark IV (full frame),
- 5D Mark III (full frame – infrared converted),
- 5D SR (full frame) and
- 7D Mark II (cropped frame).
- Canon L Series Lenses:
- EF 11-24mm F4L USM,
- EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM,
- TS-E 17mm f/4L (Tilt-Shift Lens)
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM,
- EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM,
- EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM,
- EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
- EF 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM
- EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II USM, and
- Extender EF 1.4x III
- Canon Lenses
- EF 20mm f/2.8 USM, and
- EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM.
- Tamron Lenses – Canon Mount:
- 150-600mm G2, and
- TC-X1.4 Tele Converter
- Flashes: 600EX-RT, 580EX-II
TRIPODS and CAMERA SUPPORTS, FIELD BAGS
- Tripods: Feisol, Induro and Jobu Design
- Gimbal and Ball Heads: Feisol, Induro and Jobu Design
- Guru Gear Bataflae 32L,
- Mindshift Gear First Light 40L,
- F-stop Gear Tilopa 50L, and
- F-stop Gear Sukha 70 L (my most frequently used bag).
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6400 24″ Large‑Format Professional Inkjet Printer
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF1000 17″ Large‑Format Professional Inkjet Printer
- Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Large‑Format Professional Inkjet Printer
- Canon PIXMA PRO-10 Professional Inkjet Printer
- Canon PRO-9500 Mark II Professional Inkjet Printer
You might think vehicles are not important, but how I get to my shooting locations dictates the type of transportation I need.
- 2004 Honda Pilot
- 2010 Honda Insight (a hybrid)
- 2015 Diamond Cargo 4×8 enclosed trailer – for Art Shows
- 2009 Native Watercraft Ultimate 12 hybrid kayak – gets me to my water locations the Gheenoe is too big for.
- 2016 Gheenoe LT25 (Low Tide 25) – gets me to my water locations.